Your IP: 22.214.171.124
Total Page views:23768
Unique visitors: 72136
(Since March 17th,
Registrants should fly into
Kahului Airport (OGG).
Roberts Hawaii Shuttle provides pre-arranged meet and greet service with round trip transportation between Kahului Airport and
Grand Wailea Hotel, Wailea Beach Marriott Resort or Fairmont Kea Lani
- $34.80 Round Trip per person.
To Book your Hotel Transfer with Roberts Hawaii
Call the Roberts Hawaii Central Reservations Office from 7:00 AM -- 6:00 PM HST at
1-800-831-5541 or 808-539-9400 to book, pay for, and get an immediate confirmation of your
reservation over the phone and receive an email notification with arrival and departure details.
Click here to download the Airport Transportation Order From, complete it and return it via fax to Roberts
Hawaii and receive an email notification of your transportation reservation with arrival and departure details.
Please direct any comments or questions to
|Visa and letter of acceptance |
As an author or co-author, an official letter-of-acceptance
that confirms that your paper has been accepted and reaffirms the expectation that you will
attend the Conference is available for download. The letter can be used for visa and travel
The download will be available from PaperPlaza
after the reviewing process has been completed. The procedure
for obtaining your acceptance letter is as follows:
- Go to the PaperPlaza and Login
- Enter your PIN number and Password.
- In the Access a Workspace (next to CDC2012) choose:
Enter Author or Proposer of Submission # (your paper #).
- Then, Choose an Option, and click on Request an Acceptance Letter.
- Fill out the necessary Information.
- Download the pdf file of your Acceptance Letter.
Letters of invitation cannot be supplied for persons who are not co-authors.
The conference hotel is the Grand Wailea Waldorf Astoria Resort. Contracts with overflow hotels are forthcoming.
Overflow hotel information is given in the section below.
The locations of the different hotels relative to the Grand Wailea are shown in the following map:
Our negotiated hotel rates at the Grand Wailea are:
Typically floors 0-3
Typically floors 4-6
Typically floors 7-9
- The negotiated rate is valid December 9-22.
The Grand Wailea is essentially sold out for the Dec.7-Dec. 13. Alternative overflow options are listed below.
- The room reservation deadline is November 1, 2012. However, there are a limited number of
rooms available in each category and they will fill on a first-come, first-served basis. Early
hotel reservations are highly recommended.
- These rates are European plan (no meals included) rates.
- There is a $50 per person/per night charge for more than 2 persons in any room, with a
maximum of 4 persons per room. No charge for children 17 years of age and younger staying in the
same room with parents utilizing existing bedding.
- The Group Rate covers all attendee sleeping room costs, including service fees, but is
exclusive of applicable sales/room tax, currently GET is 4.166% and TAT is 9.25% for a total of
- When a reservation is made, the Resort will require a deposit equal to the room rate and tax for one (1) night. An individual's Deposit is refundable to that individual if the Resort receives notice of an individual's cancellation at least fourteen (14) days prior to scheduled arrival.
- Housekeeping, portage, and other gratuities will be up to the individual occupant's
- The negotiated hotel rates include a resort charge which has been negotiated
to 0 USD. The 0 USD resort charge includes the following services:
In-room high speed internet access (128K);
Coffee or tea in guest rooms; Unlimited local, toll-free, and credit card calls (no access fee); A flower Lei greeting upon arrival; Nightly turndown service; Unlimited use of Spa Grande's Fitness Center featuring cardiovascular and strength training equipment, beach facilities, and Wailea Canyon Activity Pools and slides; Participation in Yoga classes, scuba clinics and water aerobics; Participation in scheduled Art and Garden tours featuring the works of Botero, Leger and Chihuly.
- Valet parking with unlimited entries and exits is $10/day. There is no self-parking.
Note that the 20 USD resort charge
mentioned at the top of the Hilton reservation procedure pages is incorrect.
This is a standard Hilton URL that we cannot edit.
The corresponding Resort Charge applied to the total price before the final reservation
confirmation will be
for a collection of photos and videos of the conference hotel.
The conference hotel is essentially full. Four choices for alternatives accommodations are available. Their locations relative to the Grand Wailea are shown on the following map:
|Overflow hotel information |
In all cases, the number of rooms is limited. Reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis.
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
- The Resort fee is optional.
- Self-parking is $10/day. Valet parking is $40/day.
- Each person over two is $40 per person with a 4 person maximum per room. Children (under 18) are excluded.
- If Bellman assistance is used is has a $10 mandatory fee.
A tiered set of special rates has been negotiated at the
Fairmont Kea Lani, which is an all suite venue. The Fairmont is about a 15 minute ocean front walk from the Grand Wailea on a paved path or 10 minutes along the road.
Registrants can make Fairmont reservations in by mentioning "IEEE 2012 CDC" while calling 1-800-798-4552,
or using the following link.
The following facts apply to this negotiated rate:
- The rates are $229 for a non-ocean view suite, $239 for an ocean view suite, and $269 for a deluxe ocean view suite. A limited number of rooms is available in each category.
There should be no add-on mandatory fees. The only add-on is HI sales tax of 13.416%.
Fairmont requires a two night deposit and has a 21 day cancellation policy. The deposit is forfeit if the room is canceled within 21 days.
Self-parking is free. Valet parking is $20/day.
Fairmont has a complimentary shuttle within the Wailea area.
The room reservation deadline is October 31, 2012.
Registrant who are interested in renting a
Ho'olei Villa (see
www.hooleiatgrandwailea.com) for a larger group (3-10 people)
can receive a discounted rate by calling 1-808-856-2000 and mentioning
the IEEE 2012 Conference on Decision and Control.
Hotels and Condos in Kihei
The town immediately north of Wailea is Kihei. It offers many less expensive accommodations that can be found on internet travel sites. Kihei is not within walking distance of the conference hotel.
We suggest that you use Firefox or Chrome instead of Internet Explorer, to prevent copyright upload issues to IEEE.
Key dates (2012)
|Submission Site Open:||January 4|
|Initial Paper |
|Workshop Proposals Due:||May 10|
|Paper and Workshop|
|Final Submission Open:||August 1|
|Registration Opens:||August 1|
|Accepted Papers Due:||September 5|
Click here to see the complete list of sponsors and exhibitors