Request Technical Co-Sponsorship
Request CSS Technical Co-Sponsorship (and possibly conference proceedings acquisition)
The Control Systems Society selectively provides Technical Co-Sponsorship to conferences of relevance to its membership.
General criteria to receive CSS Technical Co-Sponsorship for a Conference are:
- All papers must be in English.
- Relevance of the scope to the CSS.
- Confidence in the ability and integrity of the Program Committee to select papers and/or participants based on technical quality.
- Confidence in the Chair and organizers to competently manage the conference logistics and finances.
- Adequacy of the publicity plan (modes and timing) to attract participation from the broad control community, though possibly with a focus on a geographical region.
- Conference organizers requesting proceedings acquisition must adhere to all guidelines in the IEEE CSS Conference Quality document.
To assist potential general chairs who wish to request Technical Co-Sponsorship (and possibly conference proceedings acquisition) of their conference by the Control Systems Society, the Control Systems Society has prepared a form, Conference Technical Sponsorship/Proceedings Acquisition Form, that has to be filled in completely and submitted to the Vice President for Conference Activities (see contact information above).
Approval of technical co-sponsorship does not ensure conference proceedings acquisition. The request for conference proceedings acquisition will be considered only if the request for technical co-sponsorship is approved. If proceedings acquisition is approved, conference organizers must follow the guidelines stated in the IEEE CSS Conference Quality document. In particular, they must implement the requirement of all authors to sign a commitment statement regarding original submissions and inappropriate reuse. A template for the commitment statement can be found here.
Please do NOT submit the Conference Information Schedule to the IEEE, where the names of the co-sponsoring units appear, until you have received the official acknowledgement from the Vice President for Conference Activities that your request for technical co-sponsorship has been approved by the CSS. In that case, the Vice President for Conference Activities will send you instructions on how to proceed and finalize the process, and how to get e-publicity through CSS.
Note that, once the request for technical co-sponsorship has been approved
- If CSS is the sole IEEE technically sponsoring unit, the conference organizers must send a payment of US$1,000, payable to IEEE/CSS
- If CSS is not the sole IEEE technically sponsoring unit, the conference organizers must send a payment of US$1,000/m, payable to IEEE/CSS, where m is the total number of IEEE sponsoring units, including the CSS, from which they got approval of technical co-sponsorship. All m sponsoring units must then be specified in the Conference Information Schedule to the IEEE
In either case, both the CSS Vice President for Financial Activities (see contact information below) and the CSS Vice President for Conference Activities have to be informed that the payment has been made.